New York-based interior designer John Derian has teamed up with Target to launch his first-ever home collection, which will include home decor and accessories items ranging from pillows and rugs to kitchen items, lamps, and storage containers. The new collection will be available starting October 23rd online and in-stores. Check out the sneak peek pictures below to see some of the collection’s offerings, or visit Target’s website for more information about the collection’s items and prices.
10 Inspiring Pieces from The New John Derian Home Collection
- The ‘Eye’ Mirror is a modern take on a classic piece that is sure to add a touch of whimsy to any space.
- The Octopus Vase is perfect for adding a pop of color to any room.
- The Rabbit Lamp is a unique and playful addition to any child’s room or nursery.
- The Fox Pillow is a cozy and charming way to add some personality to your home.
- Who could resist this adorable Penguin Mug?
- Add some sophistication with the Moss Stone Vessels!
- A box full of Chocolate Cups never goes out of style, and these are just too cute not to mention!
- With so many whimsical pieces in this collection, it would be impossible not to find something you love!
- Not only will you find functional pieces in this collection, but also decorative ones as well- like this Fish Bowl Decorating Kit! .
- From dinnerware to artwork, there is something for everyone here!
10 Ways to Use the Furniture in Your Home
- Use a sofa as a makeshift bed for guests.
- Place a console table behind your sofa as an impromptu bar.
- Set up a bookshelf in your home office as a place to store files and books.
- Use an ottoman in your living room as a coffee table.
- Place a end table next to your bed as a nightstand. 6. Hang shelves on one of your walls to store your shoes.
- Line a bench with throw pillows and use it as extra seating when you have company over or need more space in the living room.
- Decorate with plants, candles, or vases on top of your side tables.
- Store folding chairs inside one of your armchairs when they’re not needed so they don’t take up too much space when you open them out later on!
10 Thoughts on Recent Interior Design Trends
Interior design trends are always evolving, and it can be hard to keep up. But that’s what we’re here for! Here are 10 thoughts on recent interior design trends you might want to know about.
1) Faux finishes-this is a great way to add detail without paying the high price of buying new furniture or adding wallpaper.
2) Frame your TV with something big-have a beautiful piece of art hanging above your television set to make your home theater experience feel more elegant and inviting.
3) Use multipurpose furnishings-a sofa that converts into a bed is perfect for those who have limited space but don’t want guests staying in a spare bedroom all night long.
4) Don’t overlook lighting fixtures-the wrong light fixture can cast an unflattering light on your flooring and walls, so spend some time finding the right one before you start shopping around.
5) Create separate living areas-if your living room is used as a playroom too often, create an area just for children by closing off part of the room with inexpensive curtains or screens.