Looking to bring the trendiness of Japandi’s line of home goods into your own home? We don’t blame you! Japandi has taken the home decor world by storm since its launch, with its unique take on décor and vast array of high-quality products that are perfect for any room in your house. However, if your budget isn’t as large as you’d like it to be, you may be wondering how to get those Japandi style pieces into your life without breaking the bank.
1) Buy Vintage
One of the best ways to get the Japandi look for less is to buy vintage. This can be done easily and affordably by shopping at local thrift stores, garage sales, and even online marketplaces like Etsy. Plus, you’ll be supporting sustainable fashion while also getting unique pieces that no one else will have. Here are a few tips for shopping vintage
2) Use Decorative Boxes
Decorative boxes are an easy way to add a touch of Japandi style to your home. Plus, they’re budget-friendly and can be used to store a variety of things. Here are ways to use decorative boxes in your home The first thing you’ll need is at least one large decorative box for your living room or other open space where you want to display the box’s contents. Add some style by using bright colors like yellow or purple, then put interesting items inside the box such as dried leaves, flowers, feathers or other natural elements that you might find outside during this time of year.
3) Furniture Upcycling
One way to bring the Japandi style into your home is by upcycling some of your existing furniture. If you have any old wooden furniture pieces that are starting to show their age, try giving them a new lease on life with a fresh coat of paint or some new hardware.
4) Use Quirky Tableware
- Quirky tableware is a great way to add a touch of fun and personality to your Japandi-style home.
- You can find Quirky tableware at many online retailers, or even at some thrift stores.
- Quirky tableware can range in price from very affordable to quite expensive, so be sure to shop around for the best deals.
5) Do it Yourself!
If you’re looking for a way to add some of the trendy Japandi style to your home without spending a lot of money, there are plenty of ways to do it yourself! Here are ideas that will help you bring this trend into your life on a budget:
- Use an old frame and paint it black or gold with a simple bamboo design. Hang it up in the corner of any room and then fill it with photos from all over the world or pictures that remind you of places far away.
- Cover a shoebox with fabric or wrapping paper and glue on small decorative items like beads, buttons, glitter etc., as desired. Decorate with ribbon if desired and use as gift boxes instead of buying new ones!
- Wrap old clothes around lamps to give them new life as chandeliers by threading wire through their sleeves. Simply cut off excess sleeves when done for the perfect length lampshade coverings!
6) Add Paint Splash Artwork
Adding paint splash artwork is an easy and affordable way to add some Japandi style to your home. Plus, it’s a great way to experiment with bold colors and patterns. Here are such ways to get the look – Create your own: You can create these pieces using acrylic paints in any color you want or by splashing art onto a canvas.
– Dumpster Diving: Go dumpster diving for empty frames or canvases to decorate for free.
– Thrift Store Art: Browse through thrift stores for already framed art that you can paint over or use as is.
7) Layer Cushions for Texture
Whether you’re looking to add a pop of color or simply want a comfortable place to rest your head, adding cushions to your home decor is an easy way to do it. Plus, they’re an inexpensive way to change up your look without having to buy new furniture. If you’re feeling extra bold, layer different colors and textures for a chic, japandi-inspired look.
8) Create a Conversation Pit
A conversation pit is a great way to make your living room more inviting and stylish. Plus, it’s a great way to save space. Here are eight ways to create a conversation pit on a budget