Now that you’ve settled into your new home, what’s next? To truly make the most of your space, there are plenty of smart home devices you should look into purchasing to make the process even easier and more convenient for you. From smart locks to temperature control solutions, here are five smart home essentials every new homeowner needs to think about adding to their living space.
Your entryway is the first thing guests see when they come over, so make a good impression with a smart doorbell. The Ring Video Doorbell 2 lets you see, hear, and speak to visitors from anywhere. It also has advanced security features like motion-activated alerts and two-way talk, so you can always stay aware of who’s coming and going. Keep your front porch clean with the Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum Cleaner. It’s equipped with state-of-the-art navigation technology that allows it to efficiently vacuum any type of flooring without supervision. Plus, the iRobot HOME App lets you control and monitor your robot’s cleaning schedule remotely on your smartphone. With this robot vacuum cleaner on hand, no one will be able to complain about dirty floors again!
The kitchen is the heart of the home, and a smart kitchen can make your life easier in so many ways. From hands-free faucets to self-cleaning ovens, there are plenty of features that can make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable. Here are five essentials for any new homeowner.
- A hands-free faucet: Whether you’re cooking or cleaning, a hands-free faucet can be a game-changer. Plus, when kids come over, they’ll feel like true rock stars using it!
- A self-cleaning oven: Say goodbye to scrubbing baked-on food from the oven! Self-cleaning ovens heat up past 500 degrees Fahrenheit to burn off food residue from inside your oven. After an hour, turn off the heat and let cool; this process should only take about two hours for most types of food residue.
- A Wi-Fi enabled stovetop: There’s nothing worse than coming home hungry but not knowing what’s for dinner. With a Wi-Fi enabled stovetop, simply use your phone to find recipes online with ingredients you have on hand. Then just click to order them delivered straight to your door.
- A front doorbell camera: It’s important to know who is at the front door before opening it up—especially with young children running around!
3) Living Room
The living room is the heart of the home, and it’s important to make sure it’s comfortable and inviting. A smart TV is a great way to stay entertained, while a comfy couch and cozy blanket can make your space feel like a true oasis. Don’t forget to add some personal touches with photos and artwork! Be sure to invest in furniture that suits your needs – whether you’re a pet owner or just want extra storage space. Another essential for new homeowners is WiFi range extenders – they help keep you connected even when you’re out of the house.
4) Smart Locks
Installing a smart lock is one of the smartest things you can do as a new homeowner. Not only will it make your life easier, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that your home is secure.
Here are five reasons why you need a smart lock:
- You’ll never have to worry about losing your keys again.
- You can set up unique passcodes for each family member or friend, so you always know who is coming and going.
5) Security Cameras
As a new homeowner, you want to do everything you can to protect your investment. That’s why security cameras are a must-have. They deter burglars, help you keep an eye on things when you’re away, and give you peace of mind.
Plus, with today’s technology, they’re easier and more affordable than ever to install. But before you buy one, ask yourself what your needs are so that you buy the right camera for the job. For example, if you have a small home or apartment, a wired camera might be best because it won’t need power. But if you have a larger property or live in an area where there is no cell service (rural areas), consider getting battery-powered wireless surveillance systems that don’t need any kind of connection to work.