If you’re ready to freshen up your home and want to do it on the cheap, these 8 smart, simple, and easy ways are just what you need! From refreshing your décor and cleaning your space to planning fun activities with family and friends, you’ll find plenty of ways to bring new life into your home in this guide. No matter how much or how little time you have available, these refreshing ideas will give you the fresh start you’re looking for in your home!
1) Switch out your light bulbs
One of the quickest and easiest ways to refresh your home is to switch out your light bulbs. Not only will this give your home an instant facelift, but it will also help you save on your energy bill. You can choose from a variety of different types of light bulbs, so find the ones that best suit your needs. Traditional incandescent bulbs use more electricity than CFLs or LEDs, which are all excellent options if you’re looking to cut down on your utility bills. CFLs last ten times longer than incandescent bulbs while LEDs last 25 times longer, meaning they’ll need replacing less often.
2) Update your bathroom
A small update to your bathroom can go a long way in refreshing your home for the new year. Paint the walls a new color, add some new towels or rugs, or even just switch out the shower curtain. If you have a little bit more to spend, consider replacing the sink or toilet. Whatever you do, make sure it’s something that will make you happy every time you step into the room. Don’t feel like painting? Try switching up your shower curtain instead!
3) Go old school with photo albums
Photo albums are a great way to organize and display your photos. They’re also a great way to keep your memories safe and sound. Plus, they’re a great way to show off your photos to friends and family.
Here are eight smart, simple, and easy ways to refresh your home for 2022:
- Get rid of clutter. Clutter can make your home feel cramped and cluttered. getting rid of it will make your home feel more spacious and open.
- Add some greenery. Plants help purify the air in your home while adding a little bit of life to any room. Choose plants that are appropriate for the space you have available. For example, if you have high ceilings, try something tall like bamboo or ferns; if you have low ceilings, try ivy or bromeliads; if you live in an apartment with no access to natural light, consider using artificial plants or potpourri as decoration.
- Repaint your walls!
4) Clean the oven and all of your kitchen appliances
A clean oven not only looks great, it can also help your food taste better. Plus, when your appliances are clean, your kitchen will feel more organized and put together.
Here’s how to clean your oven in just a few simple steps:
- First, remove all of the racks from the oven. If they’re extremely dirty, you may want to soak them in soapy water for a few minutes first.
- Next, use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe down the inside of the oven.
5) Add some greenery
A great way to refresh your home for the new year is to add some greenery. Not only does it add a pop of color, but it can also help purify the air. Here are a few easy ways to do it .
- Bring in plants from outside.
- Put a fresh flower on your dining room table or kitchen counter top
- Put an indoor plant near an open window where it will get plenty of light
- Get one or two houseplants like spider plants or peace lilies.
6) Get rid of clutter
A cluttered home can feel cramped and chaotic. Not to mention, it can be difficult to find things when your home is cluttered. To refresh your home for 2021, start by decluttering. You can do this by donating items you no longer need, throwing away items that are damaged beyond repair, and finding creative storage solutions for the items you want to keep.
7) Fix things around the house yourself
Spring is the perfect time to tackle those home improvement projects you’ve been putting off. Not only will it freshen up your home for the new season, but it will also save you money by doing it yourself. Here are eight smart, simple, and easy ways to refresh your home for 2022.
8) Use coasters to avoid rings on your furniture
Coasters are an easy way to protect your furniture from water damage. They come in a variety of colors and styles to match your decor, and can be used for both hot and cold drinks. Plus, they’re easy to clean and store.