Rachel Castle’s home in Melbourne, Australia, is such an explosion of fun that you’ll barely be able to contain your excitement upon entering. The colorful living space was designed by Castle, who works as the creative director at Triplust and has over 20 years of experience in design, interior design, and styling. Castle’s house is filled with personality and character, from the cartoon characters on the walls to the bubbly pop art splashed all over the place. The room feels like a whimsical escape that will leave you feeling excited about life. Let’s have a look!
Designer Rachel Castle’s Colorful Spaces
- Rachel Castle is a designer based in Australia whose work is all about color and fun.
- Her home is a reflection of her design philosophy, with bright colors and bold patterns everywhere you look.
- Even the most mundane objects are given new life with her unique touch.
- In her own words, I want people to feel happy when they see my work.
- And that’s exactly what you’ll feel when you step into one of her spaces.
- It’s impossible not to smile when surrounded by so much happiness.
An Intentional Design Approach
When it comes to her own home, Australian designer Rachel Castle takes a much more personal approach. I see my home as an extension of myself, she says. It’s a place where I can be really creative and have fun with design. And that fun is evident in every colorful, pattern-filled room. Her living space is rife with bright yellows, oranges, and greens. The rooms are also peppered with pops of reds and purples – which are the designer’s favorite colors. But despite the energetic vibes all around you, there’s one element you won’t find anywhere: clutter. To keep things organized (and free from distraction), Castle makes use of simple but chic baskets for storage throughout the house.
A Gorgeous Kitchen by Melissa Sharpe & Associates
I’m in love with this kitchen by Melissa Sharpe & Associates! The green cabinets are so unique and the perfect pop of color in this otherwise neutral space. I also love the open shelving and the way the light shines in through the windows. This is definitely a kitchen that would make cooking a joy!
What Makes This Home So Stylish?
- Don’t be afraid to use color! It can make a big impact in small spaces.
- Be bold with your choices and have fun with it!
- Layer different patterns and textures to add interest.
- Incorporate personal items and mementos to make your space unique.
- Think outside the box when it comes to furniture and storage solutions.
- Don’t be afraid to mix different styles together.
- Have confidence in your choices and trust your instincts!
Where Her Style Comes From
Rachel Castle is an Australian designer known for her fun, colorful style. Her home is a reflection of her personality, with bold patterns and bright colors everywhere you look. She describes her design aesthetic as a little bit naughty, a little bit nice. Castle says that her love of color comes from her childhood spent in the tropics, where she was surrounded by vibrant flowers and lush vegetation. These days, she brings that same sense of fun and playfulness to her work, whether she’s designing a dress or a piece of furniture.
Designer Advice from Ms. Castle
When it comes to decorating your home, don’t be afraid to have fun with it! Ms. Castle’s advice is to go bold and make a statement. Be sure to choose colors and patterns that you love and that make you happy. Most importantly, don’t take yourself too seriously. Have fun with your décor and enjoy the process! Designing your own home can be just as much fun as living in it once everything is complete.
While there are many common mistakes people tend to make when designing their homes, such as going overboard on the color scheme or making everything match perfectly, designer Rachel Castle says there are no hard-and-fast rules about what works for everyone and what doesn’t. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes because that’s how we learn, she said. And don’t forget: less is more.